Saturday, June 16, 2012


Springtime


The spring travel season is over.  I now have a summer to get things done around the farm and write.  I am armpit deep in writing a novel about the Viet Nam War.  Hated the War.  This is going to be an ugly, dark novel that will never sell, but it is cathartic.  I have never written anything else on Viet Nam, but I need to get this one off my chest.  The tentative title is, No Name.  Probably only a quarter ofmy titles survive the rewrites.

While I am on writing, By Lantern Light is on Kindle.  Some Thoughts on Scouts and Spies continues to do reliably.  An article on the oxen, entitled “The Four Kings” will come out in the July/August issue of Muzzleloader.

The oxen have treated us wonderfully.  They certainly have been reliable.  They have worked eight times this spring.  We have a new milk goat, Daisy.  She is a Boer.  I know Boers are not known for being good milkers, but Daisy gives about a quart a day and it does not have that goat smell or taste.  We got lucky.  She is an absolute sweetheart and follows us around like a dog.

There is a pair of wild turkeys that have figured out that I have grain in buckets and wil not run from me any longer, instad they wait for me to give them a scoop.  Now they have influenced another Jake who is not running.

Jake Yoste is in the Army at Fort Sam Huston taking Medical Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment