Saturday, January 25, 2014

This is the hay feeder in use yesterday. That was the second day with this bale on it. It is down about a quarter today. I should get four or five days out of a bale with this system. The advantages are we built it largely with scraps that were around the farm. If you bought everything it would cost about $150 or about half the cost of a store bought hay feeder. Then, the cattle can move it. They load it by rolling the bale onto it and pull it into the pasture. It is a lot less work than trying to lift up one of the steel round bale feeders and move it over a roll. The drawing is rough, basically I just wanted people to see how I did it. I don't think anyone is going to want to slavishly copy my design. With the images here and on the last blog post you should have a good idea how to make one of these and I'll give any advice I can.
 (



No comments:

Post a Comment